Dan's Personal Mission Statement
Why have a mission statement?
- It serves as a "distillation of fundamental values, principles, and major life purpose."
- It provides a basis for decision-making, life-directing decisions and "true north" daily
decisions amidst the cacophony of circumstances and emotions.
- A mission statement is a lighthouse in the fog
It enables us to travel in the faith that we are headed in the right direction,
even when the path immediately ahead is obscure.
- It helps -- when you tackle a new project -- to "Begin with the end in mind."
Lots of people! I was first introduced to this idea by Stephen Covey's
1989 bestseller, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
My Personal Mission Statement
These are my values, the things that matter most to me,
to which I devote my energy and resources and seek to create and support with my highest integrity
- Family, especially children and partners
- Art, especially my music
- Entrepreneurialism: creating services, products and companies
- My health-tech vision
- Technology made useful and humanized
- Empathic and respectful nursing patient care
- Lifestyle, especially my place of residence, travel and adventure