- Displacement 775 t
- Length 172', Beam 35', Draft 12'
- Speed 14 kts
- Complement eight officers, 70 enlisted
- Armament, as built, one single 40mm gun mount, two .50 cal. machine guns, final configuration, bow gun replaced by one twin 20mm gun mount, two .50 cal. machine guns remain
- Propulsion, four Packard ID1700 diesel engines, replaced by four Waukasha Motors Co. diesels, two shafts, two controllable pitch propellers.
- "...the U.S. Navy's Ocean-Going Minesweepers (MSO)
were built of mahogany and teak to reduce magnetic fields,
and most of the metal work was non-ferrous,
e.g. aluminum, bronze, brass, etc.
Compared to today's Navy of nuclear powered steam and gas turbine,
and while larger vessels were then mostly powered by oil-fired steam,
the 173-foot length MSOs were powered by diesel engines,
...four cranky Packards, driving a single,
variable pitch screw (propeller).
[There was] only one radar to worry about,
with one AN/SPS-5C indicator in CIC,
and one AN/SPA-4 repeater on the bridge."
Lucid's drive shaft adaptor -- enabled engine to transmit
power to propellor shaft while ship flexed