From: Pat Olson To: dan keller Subject: Re: Toga party Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:32:55 +0000
You want an Engraved Invitation? Or an Enslaved Invitation? Everybody's looking for something...
When: 21 September 2013 8 p.m. to ? Place: Palazzo di Keller Address: 4510 19th Street, San Francisco, CA 94114
Featuring:The Green Goddess
What to wear: Toga or appropriate period attire (3rd cent. B.C.E. to 4th cent. C.E.). Mandatory!
What to bring: Yourself. Personal libation of choice optional. Good manners.
R.S.V.P. (That's Barbarian lingo for Respond to this E-mail Invitation Please!)
Ho ho ho bro, 1st draft e-mail invit above. We need to discuss!
(1) I really should come up one or more days prior to help with this. One possibility would be for me to drive up so as to bring existing props. Several things are heavy (eg. samovar, busts, faux venus di milo statue) and would not do so well as airline baggage. Terri would fly up later; after the party we could drive back together. A problem with that is parking. Better I just fly up a day or two early?
(2) Could we stay at your house the night of the 21st?
(3) I'm thinking a standardized 'personalized' e-mail invite similar per above, should probably go out at least in the coming week. You could phone invite as well; idea being to have an est. attendance by the week before.
(4) I got Vi's e-mail about changing her party identity - that's okay - 'The Green Goddess' will actually be the absinthe, dispensed from samovar. Ha!
(5) I'll dig out my previous costume stuff today. Not sure what I can find, but will let you know. The costume website you sent looks good.
(6) Hiram sez he's coming. I also suggested it to Zoltan, who seemed interested.
(7) The total known attendance I've got is so far 6 . . . not many, but what the hey... that's two ménages!